Friday, November 20, 2009

Plugged into CZW!


Finally... I've found the time/motivation to blog once again. Haha... I tried to sit down a few weeks ago and tried to blog about TNA's "blockbuster" signing of Hulk Hogan. But the Phillies were in the series, and well I got swept up in that.

Anyway, when I first started this blog it was going to be my way of "journaling" my wrestling journeys. But I hadn't really had anything to really chronicle until this past weekend. As I took part in my first major CZW event, Night of Infamy. I'm not going to lie... (Here comes the mark-out moment) It was rather surreal. I can remember where I was when I first saw CZW Fake You TV with Wifebeater running rough shot all over the particular match I saw... And I was still in High School... Sorry to make some people feel old. So to be getting a shot at the announce team was definitely very cool. And it was a goal accomplished.

After all the stories I've heard in my past about Combat Zone Wrestling, I can't say that I concur with all I've heard. It was a great atmosphere. And CZW is definitely wanting to make a splash once again, like they did almost 11 years ago. Not going to lie, they definitely are poised to make that impact again.

It was great to see some old friends at the event. But one person really stuck out to me at the event. That person was Ryan McBride. Although he was on the losing end of a Junior Heavyweight #1 Contender's match, he was very impressive in my eyes. I'm not trying to take anything away from the rest of a fantastic event or the other great independent talents. But McBride stuck out as having that "IT" factor in my eyes. I don't know what it was, but I think that's why they call it the "IT Factor." He seemingly is the total package. I definitely see some big things in McBride's future.

Again, the event as a whole was great. It is definitely obvious that they want to make Cage Of Death 11 the biggest event in their history. Everything that happened on Saturday set up Cage Of Death 11 almost perfectly. I can say that after this past weekend, I am definitely happy to be home at the Arena calling a PREMIERE wrestling company. So be sure to get your tickets for COD11 at the Arena on December 12th... Like the tag line says... It truly will be the Renaissance of Ultraviolence... The beginning of rebirth of CZW.

So I'll see you all at CZW COD 11...

Until next time... You stay classy,
Dan "The Phan" Cowhey

No comments:

Post a Comment