Friday, April 17, 2009

Some Time To Myself

I was going to come back here to my blog and write about Wrestlemania 25... Then I was going to come on and give some comments about Harry Kalas' death. But today here I am at work (so bare with me if this blog is more ADD than usual)... Here I am at work writing this blog that isn't exactly insightful or happy like my others.

Before I continue... Most who know me... Hell even those who don't... They know that WRESTLING IS MY LIFE. But as I come up on my 3rd Anniversary of being in the world of wrestling I can't help but feel disappointed. The big world being thrown around is Recession. Well the world of wrestling has been in a recession now for a year if not more. And right now is a big time in my life. I can't help but feel this is my crossroads.

So right now I am going to tag myself out of the world of wrestling and take a bit of a break. Will this be forever? Probably not. But I think I need some time to deal with myself.

So what does this exactly mean? This means that I will NOT be participating in the upcoming Pro Wrestling Unplugged event that I am currently scheduled for next weekend. As of now that is the only event I am currently booked for. So as of now I am going to wish my friends at PWU the very best as they restart the company. Maybe one day I will work for them again. Just to clarify... This in no way is a reflection of PWU. I love PWU. Its where I got my start. Its where I met a lot of people that now are close friends. So please continue to support PWU as the have their NEW BEGINNING. I however will not be there to lend my voice.

You will, however, be able to see me this Sunday if you live in Allentown, PA as I already have recorded a few episodes of WXW-C4 Blast TV that airs on Service Electric Cable. But that really is my last horrah for awhile.

But this by no means is goodbye forever. Wrestling is my life! I just need this time to sit back and deal with myself first. Whether this will be a few days or a few years, I don't know. But I do know in the words of Vigo the Carpathian in Ghostbusters 2... "Death is but a door... Time is but a window... I'll be back!"

Until next time...
You stay classy, wrestling fans.

Dan "The Phan"

No comments:

Post a Comment