Monday, March 16, 2009

Shook off the Rust

Well the whole point of this blog was supposed to be chronicling my life in pro wrestling. And well since I started the blog my chronicles have merely been behind my computer screen. Its amazing how time flies... I hadn't been behind the mic since September 20th! I went from announcing every single month sometimes more than that, to nothing! Although I haven't brought attention to that, I've missed it. I know I'm not in the ring so I don't really get that rush that some guys get... But damn I get a rush still. I probably will never step in the ring, but I still have that wrestling bug and announcing is the next best thing for me.

Did I make poor "political" decisions to get me in this hole? Possibly... Okay... Probably! Haha... This is probably why I should never run for a government position. Haha... But nevertheless, I've kept myself somewhat active in this crazy world so that I don't fade out and in hopes of getting my "chance" that may never come. Its my vice... What can I say?

Anyway... Finally, last week I made my "triumphant" return. I really wouldn't call it triumphant as I was cringing at my very very rusty play by play. But I made my return to WXW-C4. It was actually my first time working for the Anoa'i Family in about a year and a half. As I think about it... That was another bad "political" decision... Haha... Either way though, I've kept in touch with the people up there and was finally able to work another show last week. Going up I had a feeling I would encounter a ironic "job" as when I arrived I was told I would be working with Maven Bentley of CZW Fame. Haha... Obviously those who follow the internet reports like they are the bible would expect that the two of us threw down. And while that would be an enjoyable story to tell, nothing of the sort happened. Sorry. Actually it was really the first person outside of Jake Black that I felt that I was able to work with well. I've worked with others, but I've been told they didn't come off as well... But I feel that Maven and I, with some more broadcasts could work out pretty good. So although I was sub-par, I think the time off helped me break away from my "one trick pony" so to speak. Plus it was also nice to just shake off the rust and get back out there. And what was extremely awesome to see up there... They had a packed house, more people than the last time I was up. And on top of that it was a HOT crowd. After hearing and seeing so much negativity lately in the independent scene, it was a sight for sore eyes to see that. I think what was more interesting was... It was simple booking. It wasn't complicated. I was talking with my roomate earlier and we kind of agreed that entertainment in general tries to be too complicated. Too many swerves and nonsense like that, when really whats on fire now? UFC... And you know what? UFC has a simple formula... Two guys kicking the crap out of each other. That isn't to say you can't have swerves and whatnot... But keep it simple. Re-train the fans. WXW-C4 seemed to do that and I believe when they eventually try to break the mold and "challenge" the fans they will only get better.

I think I covered it all... Soon yours truly will rise once again a be "The God Of All Media" as I will be all over PWU and WXW-C4. So stay tuned... And more importantly...

Stay Classy,
Dan "The Phan"

No comments:

Post a Comment